"aftermath of being thrown out"

About: William Harvey Hospital

the following evening after being thrown out at 4 am in the morning the pain got worse and worse and once again phoned 111 and waited and waited phoned a friend and begged them to come and help me and phoned 999 the ambulance came within 45 minuets and at 0050 a doctor arrived I was given morphine and sent to the william harvey put in a bed and given drugs and made comfortable next day had a mri scan and then later that evening taken to be given a injection to my back .. Woke up this morning and tried to do a bit of self physio so went for wash and shave 5 paces from the ward and back using crutches done it but very painful but was soon given drugs to assist with the pain ,Later was wheeled in a wheel chair to what i thought was physio therapy placed in front of the stairs and asked how many I could climb I said at the moment none but seeing as i had no stairs at home it wasnt a issue , I was then told i could go home , they took all the heavy duty drugs off me and packed my bag I was told i could have the crutches for the time being so with my bags started to make my way out of the ward very awkward and was very very painful , i still had the needle in my hand for the saline drips in my hand and it was mentioned that they would need to be taken out so I ripped off the plasters and pulled it out and handed it to them I felt that I was utterly worthless , a kind porter sat me in a chair and wheeled me out to the front of the hospital and i sat outside waiting for 3 hours when a friend had finnished work and came to pick me up and took me home ... i felt and still do that if this is what the proffesion call careing then they would have been better to have left me in my flat on my own in pain till i stopped breathing .. nothing was really explained and if it was i was under so many drugs that it didnt get through .. I would never have treated a animal this way no matter about a human being .. I didnt expect to be in hospital for two long but did hope that id be able to be in less pain and with some guidance as to what happens next . what i could do to help myself etc and not be told to just go home .. for the hard working staff it seems that trying to assist them by doing little things for yourself that you know take up there valuable time leads to one place before you are ready and that is being put outside the front door to fend for yourself before you are able to ..

Thank you for your feedback, this is really not the standard of care we would expect to provide. Please accept my apologies, and do email me on Julie.pearce1@nhs.net and I will explore this further with you.