"I literally cannot thank her enough"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital / Gynaecology

Firstly there was a mix up with my address details & I received a text message to confirm my appointment luckily or I wouldn't have known about it. I rang the clinic & the nurse was extremely helpful over the telephone about my results & what needed to happen.

Upon my actual appointment, I became very upset as it was quite an invasive procedure, albeit very short. This particular nurse, who subsequently was the one I'd spoken to a week earlier on the phone, stood and held my hand the entire duration, talking to me (about random things!), and I can honestly say that she was the reason I got through it without having to reschedule for day surgery. I've never felt so cared for or understood in a hospital environment, more so than when I had my child. She deserves to be recognised, I literally cannot thank her enough.

Thank you very much for providing feedback about your care, some of which seemed to go well. If you are able to let me know which clinic you attended I will certainly ensure that the nurse involved in your care sees your feedback. My email address is Julie.pearce1@nhs.net

Please accept my apologies for the administrative error about your appointment.