"Attending Mobile Breast Screening in NHS Lanarkshire"

About: NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde / West Scotland Breast Screening Centre NHS Lanarkshire

I have today attended the mobile breast screening service in NHS Lanarkshire and I have to say I was treated by a lovely radiographer who did her best to put me at ease. I was treated in such a person centred way not rushed or made to feel embarrassed.

I dont use the health service much l am lucky but the service I received today was first class

Response from Laura Jack, Patient Affairs Manager, Primary Care Division, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear stakeholder,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the mobile breast screening service.

I’m delighted to hear you felt supported and put at ease by the radiographer. The staff realise that some women may feel embarrassed or anxious and be worried about physical discomfort. Breast screening is really important as it can find breast cancer before any symptoms become noticeable.

NHS Scotland invites women between the age of 50 to 70 to attend for screening every three years but the decision to attend screening is a personal choice.

I hope your story will encourage women to take up the offer of screening.

I’ll pass your kind comments onto our colleagues at the West of Scotland Breast Screening Centre who staff the mobile units.

Further information on Breast Screening can be found on the NHS Lanarkshire website www.nhslanarkshire.org.uk or by contacting:

West of Scotland Breast Screening Centre:

Breast Screening Centre

Stock Exchange

77 Nelson Mandela Place

Glasgow G2 1QT

Tel: 0141 572 5800

Text Phone: 0141 572 5858

Thanks again

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear stakeholder

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your very kind feedback.

We have shared your comments with the relevant service manager who I am sure will be pleased to read them.

Once again thank you for using the Patient Opinion website, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards