"Long delay in diagnosis and response from..."

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Having waited six months for an urgant MRI and CT scan, (despite numerous phone calls) which revealed a significant condition I raised a compliant with the complaints department. Compaint department assured me that I should expect to meet with them by 4th of June 2014. Still waiting, every extension seems to go to voice mail or you can send an e mail but none of these are responded to. This increasing the stress that I am already experiencing from brain surgery and craniotomy. Very very poor service from appointments and complaints. Once I had my scan the care from ophthalmology and speed of accessing treatment was very good.

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anon

I am sorry to hear that you encoutered problems with our complaints system. I have spoken to the Complaints Manager, Katy Treasure who has asked if you could contact her directly on 01522 707091 as she would like so speak to you personally about your complaint.