"Good and bad."

About: Yeovil District Hospital

I found Yeovil District Hospital to be a mixture of good and bad. The nurses are friendly and helpful. Cleanliness was fine around the beds but I wasn't as happy with the shower room. Communication between the staff could have been better. At one point I told a nurse the doctor did not want me to have another cannula fitted, but the nurse kept coming in to fit one. I told the nurse 4 times until the nurse finally consulted the doctor. Another problem with the numerous cannulas fitted was the roughness of the Nurses. Pushing the syringe plunger too fast and pressing on a very painful cannula far too hard. At one point the Nurses took 12 hours with countless attempts to fit a new cannula. Another problem was food. Despite making it clear that I am allergic to eggs, nuts and peas I was repeatedly offered and given food containing these ingredients. To sum up, the staff are friendly but lack important knowledge regarding individual patients needs. At times it felt like hit and miss as to whether I got a nurse competent enough to do an excellent job.

Response from Yeovil District Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments. We are however concerned to read of the difficulties you encountered and would like to offer you our sincere apologies. We are very keen to address the issues you have raised to ensure that immediate improvements are put in place and the staff are aware of the difficulties you experienced. If you could ring our Patient Experience Manager, Linda Hann on 07825111993 or email her your telephone number at linda.hann@ydh.nhs.uk she will gladly give you a call.