"Pregnant with first child and cannot be seen as..."

About: Hinchingbrooke Hospital

I am pregnant with my first child in my late 20's and although I have called for 3 weeks chasing and pushing for an emergency appointment as instructed by my midwife consultant as my eye drops can cause early labour. I am now at 16 weeks I am now getting very concerned. I have been pushed from pillar to post and will still not be given an appointment because staff are on holiday! This is obscene! The standards are slipping and I am going to be asking for a transfer, I expect more than this when it is not only my health at risk but my child’s as well. I am not being taken seriously at all.

Response from Hinchingbrooke Hospital

Many thanks for leaving feedback on NHS Choices. I understand that you spoke to a senior clinician at the hospital yesterday and so I do hope that your concerns have been eased. However, should you require further help please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will be more than happy to assist - they can be contacted on 01480 428964 or by email hch-tr.pals@nhs.net.