"laparoscopic cholecystectomy"

About: Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh at Little France / General Surgery

I was greeted on arrival at the day sugary unit RIE by Staff Nurse Pinky who was very kind, reassuring and helpful. following this I met with Consultant Anaesthetist, who's name unfortunately I can't remember, he was also kind and reassuring, he listened to my concerns with regard to Nausea following the anaesthetic and reassured me they would try to avoid this and treat it if it happened.

Mr Mole was also very kind and talked me through the procedure, making sure I was fully aware.

David and Hannah (ODP/theatre nurse) were very kind and chatted to me during the anaesthetic, keeping me calm until I drifted off to sleep.

Pinky, & Jennifer (nightshift staff nurse) supported me through my recovery period and listened to me and helped me to feel better.

I am so grateful to everyone I met and I am feeling so much better, so a huge Thank you!

Response from Customer Relations and Feedback Team, NHS Lothian

Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding. Thank you very much for your feedback and I am glad to hear of your good experience. Patient experience is vital to us and I will pass on your kind words to the staff.