"Discharge disagreement"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

This morning The consultant(didn't hear his name as I was in pain and he was very rushed), decided I was well enough to be discharged but I disagreed. My Diverticulitis was still very painful and I felt that I needed to be treated in hospital withIV antibiotics instead of discharged with Augmenting for 5 days which I told him had not worked in the past. I have been hospitalised for same treatment 5 times over past 4 years and felt that on this occasion the Consultant was rushed and impatient with me and not listening to my concerns. I am now home in considerable pain and having to look after myself during the day instead of having time to rest in hospital while IV antibiotics did their job. In summary, on past occasions I have been satisfied with my treatment at Bolton Royal but on this occasion I feel the Consultant has made a mistake discharging me. I am very anxious about this and in a lot of pain, so pray that my condition does not deteriorate and complications set in.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

We’re sorry to hear of your pain and anxiety. It isn’t always necessary these days for patients to remain in was correct for you. If you would like to discuss further please contact Matron Sue Beswick on 01204 390164.