"Recent stay as day patient "

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / General surgery

A week ago I had occasion to use the Arthur South Day Patient unit.

I had the previous week been to the unit for my pre op assessment, this was carried out by two very cheerful but very professional nurses. I have used the unit in the past and always been more that happy with the "service" I received.

I have in recent weeks seen the odd newspaper report berating the service supplied by your hospital I therefore decided to write to you with my experiences.

The whole of my experience was a very positive one from my surgeon Mr Sargent, the ward nurses who could not do enough for me, the theatre staff who went out there way to put me at ease explaining all that was going on, in fact EVERYONE at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital that day have mine and my wife's unreserved thanks for a job very very well done.

We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience when you were treated at the day procedure unit. Your feedback will be passed to the surgeon and the theatre team.

• Yorky thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Yorky (the patient)

Good to hear that someone at the hospital has read the item and confirmed she would be passing on my comments to the relevant people, hope all the staff on the unit are advised of my comments it was very much the whole unit who are to be congratulated. Yorky

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

We are pleased to hear about your experience in the Day Procedure Unit and that the whole team put you at your ease.