"A good hospital"

About: Bassetlaw Hospital

I have had four surgical procedures in this hospital over recent years, mostly of a urological nature and one orthopaedic. The orthopaedic one was an emergency admission after I had had knee replacement surgery at a semi local NHS treatment centre orthopaedic hospital in Derbyshire, I was discharged from their with a pulmonary embolism which they failed to diagnose, and admitted to this hospital for five days in a side ward, the treatment was excellent considering my condition. Urological surgery was for prostate and kidney and bladder cancer, all were successful, and I have annual checkups for these conditions at this hospital. The attention I receive is always first class both from a medical and comfort and dignity angle. This hospital is always very clean and the staff pleasant and professional. Car parking here is also good and a reasonable charge compared to some other hospitals, also spaces for "blue badge holders" I would complain if there was reason too, I have no connection with this hospital or staff, only as a satisfied patient.

Response from Gill Pickersgill, Communications & Engagement Officer, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are always delighted to hear when our patients have received excellent care and we wish you a speedy recovery.

Response from Bassetlaw Hospital

Dear Pianoman! :) Thank you for your positive comments on our staff, they are greatly appreciated and will be fed back in due course. We always strive to deliver the best service we can to our patients and are very happy that your experience was a positive one. Thank you.