"Operation cancelled on the day!"

About: Princess Royal Hospital (Haywards Heath)

Last week the 19th June I was due to have an operation after a long wait and after the operation already being cancelled previously I arrived at the hospital at 7.30 am on the morning list on the Gynee ward I can not fault the Nurse who dealt with me she was very caring and had a good sense of humour! However after waiting 6 hours meeting the Aneasthest, the registrar and having to gave an enema for one part of the surgery I was then told I was being cancelled due to equipment failure which led to complications on the surgery before me! As my surgery would only last approx 30mins I don't see why the hospital could have just ran a little more over time as all the afternoon patients still went ahead. I have lost 2 weeks money as I'm self employed and the children in my care parents have found alternative childcare and my husband 2 days self employed work. This situation has caused my to be extremely upset and stresses considering I have been cancelled for 4 previous surgeries in Eastbourne DGH also I had to travel from Pevensey so was not a local Patient I have been through 2 years of hell with my health dealing with numerous problems within a Eastbourne DGH and now 2 cancelled ops and still no date with this hospital I have absolutely no confidence in the NHS any more and am at breaking point as I can not cope with the continuing agonising pain I get requiring multiple A&E visits admissions and Ambluances to ad mister morphiene for pain relief!

Response from Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our PALS Team on 01273 664973 or by email at pals@bsuh.nhs.uk.

Patient Experience Team