"Delays seeing a consultant at Birmingham dental hospital"

About: Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust

I attended the hospital to see a consultant regarding my jaw in May, after being referred by my local hospital in January. I only got to see a dentist, not the consultant. I have now had a scan in June. I have received a letter now to get results the end of September. I feel that this is poor service with no care or thought of the patient. That will be nearly 10 months after referral to see the consultant (if the consultant in that day at all)!

Response from Alison Last, Associate Director of Patient Experience, Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry you remain unhappy with the service provided by Birmingham Dental Hospital. I have been in contact with the Clinical Lead for the Dental Hospital who has asked for me to obtain your details (name, address, date of birth or your hospital number) in order to look into your concerns further and to address them with you.

Please phone me on 0121 466 7128 or email alison.last@bhamcommunity.nhs.uk with your details at your earliest convenience. I would like to assure you that we are keen to resolve this matter with you, and hope you will get in touch with me soon.