About: Basildon University Hospital

I visited the A&E department this morning and although I felt I didn't necessarily need to be there (but I was told to go by 111 service) I was taken seriously and looked after extremely well. From the moment I walked in and was greeted by a nurse I felt reassured. All of the staff that I encountered, doctors, nurses, reception staff, radiographers and the pharmacy staff were all incredibly helpful and kind. The staff in the A&E reception were also very helpful to my nan, who had taken me, and did everything they could to keep her informed. I was lucky that there weren't many people there but I think I would still have been treated the same no matter how busy they were. I am very grateful to all the staff and I am highly satisfied with the treatment I received. I would definitely choose to go back to this A&E department if I ever needed to and would highly recommend it to friends and family. Thank you to all the staff who helped me today.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

We are really pleased that your recent experience of care witin the accident and emergency department at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was a good one. We will forward on your kind words to the Emergency Department staff. Thank you for your feedback.