"Shoulder surgery ward D5."

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I have recently undergone shoulder surgery at QA hospital . Having had several surgical procedures in the past I was not exactly looking forward to it . But I can honestly say this has been probably the best hospital experience I have had . The team working on D5 certainly seemed to do everything possible to make sure all went smoothly . The nursing team are a credit to there profession caring and considerate nothing was every too much trouble . Also a mention to the theatre staff on the day, thank you for keeping me calm and your part in putting me right . And of course the consultant and Doctors involved your care and time were much appreciated . I am now home although still recovering making good progress .So with my thanks and well done QA Orthopaedic - Shoulder team keep up the good work.

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Angie

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to Patient Opinion and I am pleased to hear that you had such such a positive experience at the hospital. Your comments will be shared with the staff who will be delighted to know that their efforts to look after you were appreciated. I hope that you continue to do well in your recovery.

Should you ever wish to raise a concern or give us comment regarding your treatment in the future, good or bad, then please contact our Patient Experience Team by e-mail on PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk or telephone 0800 917 6039.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you. Thank you for taking the time to write in and tell us of such a positive experience. Please be assured that we will of course, pass your kind comments on to the relevant department for their information.