"Nursing staff"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

We had to attend the RAMAC ward for my mother in law to have a scan on Friday June 20. She is 92 years of age and not always the happiest of people but the staff were wonderful in their dealings with her. Of special note was the nurse who took her blood samples etc. I cannot praise the young man enough. We live in an era when hospital staff are increasingly criticized for their approach and demeanor but this young man was highly professional but also very friendly putting everyone at ease and efficiently performing his role. If everyone had his approach I doubt the NHS would ever receive complaints. A credit to the health service and wonderful personal values. Thank you.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your mother's recent visit to RAMAC at University Hospital of North Durham. I am very pleased to hear that you and your mother had a positive experience and that you are both happy with the care received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Matron who oversees RAMAC, who I'm sure will be delighted to read this. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774