"Operation in 3 North, excellent experience"

About: Royal Free Hospital

This was my first operation I've ever had, and I came into the hospital quite nervous. But I was seen very quickly, by first the nurse and then the anaesthetist - whose name sadly I cannot remember but was very understanding and took time to answer all my questions and come to a decision about what form of anaesthetic to ultimately go under (GA). The staff in the theatre ante-room were all very friendly and professional and went out of their way to put me at ease. Post surgery the care was excellent, and all the nurses -were very attentive and on hand to bring tea, coffee and sandwiches. Once released from the post op room, the nurse was very helpful in discharging me. Overall it was an excellent experience, and I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of care I received. The consultant who performed the operation was also great - despite him being the centre and focus of the visit, unconsciousness precluded extensive contact with him, but I felt in very capable hands. Thank you very much to all the staff at 3 North who made what could have been a very traumatic experience such a good one.

Response from Royal Free Hospital

So glad that you were happy with your care - thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I will pass this on to staff.