"Review of birth centre"

About: Queen Charlotte's Hospital

I would highly recommend the services and staff of Queens Charlotte's birth centre to all prospective mothers. I had originally considered various birth options and was given ample time to discuss these thoroughly with staff. At my birth I had 2 midwives present with me throughout (a fully qualified midwife and an experienced trainee) both of whom provided me with the support and advice I needed at every stage whilst not being intrusive or prescriptive at any point . You are encouraged to use and adopt as many positions as you feel comfortable with - birth rooms are equipped with pools, bouncing balls, bean bags etc. which the midwives gave me guidance on how to use. We were advised, on the pre birth tour, that it was highly unusual for birthing pools not to be available to women in labour. It's also possible for your partner to stay with you in your private post natal suite afterwards - which allows both of you to rest and relax together. The forthcoming refurbishments to birth rooms will no doubt enhance this already excellent service. Many thanks.