"Great care for my 20 month old son"

About: Nevill Hall Hospital / Accident and emergency Nevill Hall Hospital / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My little boy was extremely distressed last night and was in great pain. I decided to take him to A&E as he was in such a state, very unlike him. We were seen almost immediately and I was reassured that I had done the right thing by bringing him in (I worried that I might be wasting people's time). He was dealt with with such care and attention.

They send him to the paediatric ward for more tests, where we were met by 2 wonderful nursing staff and a brilliant doctor. They talked me through all the possibilities every step of the way and I was treated with great kindness and sensitivity, as was my son. I cannot fault any of the staff or treatment we received. I wasn't pushed out of the door when he was given the all clear, which was wonderful.

Thank you so much to all the staff who helped us. I also had all my three children here and didn't want to go home after each birth! So I am not surprised that I has such a positive experience with these departments too. Thank you.

Response from Julian Hayman, Internal Communications Manager, Communications, Aneurin Bevan Health Board

Hello LLS38,

Thank you very much for your feedback which is much appreciated. It is good to hear that you felt you had a positive experience and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the relevant staff.

I hope your son is now well and may I take this opportunity once again to thank you for taking the time to send your feedback to us.

Best wishes,