"Fabulous Experience"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

I have visited the hospital twice over the last 3 months and, on both occasions, I have been very pleased with the whole service. The volunteers on reception are wonderful - so helpful and welcoming. They reassured me, from the start and escorted me personally to the department I needed. It was noticeable how friendly and polite all the staff are and there was generally a 'good' atmosphere. We are always very quick to criticise, but I felt that the service I received, on both my visits, was outstanding! Thank you so much!

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your posting in respect of your recent visits to Royal Albert Edward Infirmary and your kind comments in respect of these visits. We are very proud of our volunteers and the support and service they offer. We are pleased that you found the staff friendly and polite, it is what we would expect and does create the good atmosphere that you clearly witnessed. I will ensure that your comments are shared.