"Death in A&E"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

My husband was taken to A&E by ambulance, from the moment he arrived he was treated with extreme care and respect he was terminally ill and had signed an enduring DNR. The staff were wonderful they bought a bed into resuss to make him comfy, gave him medication to ease him and left our daughters and myself to hold him alone for the short time until he died . The staff remained nearby and cared for us with such compassion they did not rush us away and explained everything. I am very grateful to them for making those last moments with my husband so peaceful .

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with such lovely feedback especially at such a difficult time for you. I am glad we were able to support you and your husband in the last moments of his life. I will ensure staff are aware how much your appreciated the care and attention provided to you and your family.