"Repeatedly cancelled appointments"

About: Stobhill Hospital

(as a carer),

My Mother received a hospital appointment in March 2014. Just prior to this appointment we received a letter cancelling it and re-scheduling the appointment to June 2014.

Today upon calling to double check this appointment prior to going - I have been advised that this appointment has now been re-scheduled AGAIN to Sept 2014.

This appointment is for my mother who is in her 80s - bearing in mind the original appointment was in March - this means by September she will have waited 6 months to be seen, and that is only if it is not cancelled once again, which remains to be seen.

Response from Paul Cannon, Head of Administration, Acute Services Division, Greater Glasgow & Clyde NHS

Dear killerheels

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide your feedback. In the first instance I would be grateful if you could contact me with your relative's details at paul.cannon@ggc.scot.nhs.uk and we can arrange to have this investigated for you. Alternatively you may wish to contact our complaints team - complaints@ggc.scot.nhs.uk (201 4500).

Once again thank you for using the Patient Opinion feedback system, it is greatly appreciated.