"Ok til you try to call the hospital!"

About: Grantham & District Hospital

My son went into A & E with a torn ligament in his shoulder (after it being missed at Boston Pilgrim) and was told we would get a call with a follow up appointment. I rang in to arrange this and was put through to a fax machine, when i rang reception back and explained this the woman very rudely put me through (thankfully to the correct number) but without a word, literally cut me off then i heard ringing. Customer service is lost!

Response from Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience and Engagement Manager, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anon

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry you encountered such problems with communication within the hospital. We are currently in the process of rolling out new customer service skills training across all our sites and front line reception staff will be one of the first to recieve this.

Once again please accept our apologies

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Please reassure I will endeavour to find who the receptionist is and speak with them individually. I will also be putting all reception staff through customer care skills training.

Teresa Shepherd