"I am an outpatient myself at RSH, ..."

About: Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

I am an outpatient myself at RSH, but last Friday my adult son was admitted to A&E with violent stomach pain.

On the Saturday his appendix was removed which was in a very dangerous stae. I wish to say that the attention and speed with which my son was treated was second to none. From all the staff from A&E Reception, Ward 25 SAU to The Discharge Lounge were so kind and caring. Thankyou.

Response from Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Thank you for providing comments about your son's care at A&E. We aim to provide high quality services for all of our patients, and we are pleased to hear that your experience matched up to our aspirations.

Since this site is anonymous your contact details are not shared with the Trust. However, if any members of our staff (or the whole team!) were particularly deserving of thanks or recognition then you can nominate them for the Chairman's Award (see www.sath.nhs.uk/about/awards.asp for more details).

More information about how to make comments, compliments and complaints about our services can be found on our website at www.sath.nhs.uk

Thanks again for taking the time to comment on our services