"Transrectal Ultrasound & Prostate Biopsies"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I attended the Urology Department for the above mentioned procedure on 10 June. To say I was nervous, concerned and apprehensive would be understatements. Nevertheless, I was seen at the appointed time and met my two specialist nurses. They immediately put me at ease, fully explained the procedure, the immediate consequences and also the possible risks involved. They also told me what to do in the event of an emergency. I was satisfied and signed the consent form. The procedure was painless and I felt very little. I was very slightly sore after the procedure and there was some very slight bleeding. I could not have been treated better if I were Royalty! The nurses were kindness themselves; they put me at ease; they did not rush me; they answered my questions; they were extremely professional and thoroughly charming. I won't know the results of my test until early July, but whatever the outcome I know I have two specialist nurses that will see me through. Thank you.

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mr Treacy

I am pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience at the hospital. Your comments will be shared with the staff involved who will be pleased to know that they helped put you at your ease.

Should you have any concerns or comments in future regarding your care at the hospital, good or bad, then you can also contact our Patient Experience Team by e-mail on PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk or telephone 0800 917 6039.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding. We are overjoyed that your experience was such a positive one! Please be assured that we will of course, pass your kind comments on to the Urology Department for their information. We are sure they will be just as delighted as we are to know that the kind nature of the nurses made this experience all the more manageable for you.