"Will never return to out-of-hours"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

I have recently moved to the area and have unfortunately not been able to register with a doctors yet. I suffer from extreme hay fever and was forced to make an emergency appointment as I needed a prescription from a doctor. I was asked if I had ever taken 'Acrivastine' which I thought I hadn't. I have been on steroid injections, high dosages of antihistamines, steroid nose sprays, 2 types of eye drops etc etc. So you can understand my horror to find out that I had been prescribed benedryl. Benedryl - An over the counter low dosage medication that cost me more in prescription than if I had gone out and purchased them myself. The department will be hearing from me and I expect an explanation as to why my symptoms and past medication were not taken into consideration when prescribing.

Thank you for providing us with feedback. The out of hours GP service is not provided by us as a Trust although the service does use our premises. I am sorry about your recent experience and will ensure that the right person sees your concerns. I hope you have managed to register with a local GP practice.