"Bad organization"

About: Watford General Hospital / Accident and emergency

I waited 4 hours to get at easy consult at a & e. I cannot wait after 4 hr.

Response from Antony Tiernan, Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications, Communications and corporate affairs, West Herfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to let us have feedback about your visit to our A&E department.

Our priority is to treat people using our A&E as quickly as possible and the Government standard is for 95% of people to be seen, treated, admitted or discharged within a maximum of four hours.

For the vast majority of patients, we see them much quicker than four hours, but on occassions it does take longer. There can be many reasons for this and our staff should explain why.

It would be really helpful if you could please let us have some additional feedback about your visit so that we can give you a fuller response, for instance when you attended (day and time) and what feedback our staff gave you.

Once again, I am sorry to hear of the delay and I apologise that you weren't seen quicker.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need to. My email is antony.tiernan@whht.nhs.uk or you can call 01923 436 229. Alternatively, you can tweet me: @AntonyTiernan.