"Fantastic treatment from NHS today"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital / Accident and emergency NHS 111

Today I was taken to Blackpool Vic A & E in an ambulance at the suggestion of a nurse on 111. I had experienced severe chest tightness, breathlessness and tingling in fingers.

Response was immediate, professional and efficient by every member of the NHS I talked to or who drove or treated me. Excellent service is an understatement. From the moment I discussed my symptoms the response was like an ultra-efficient mechanism and in no time I was being treated in A & E. Superb.

I was discharged with medication and an immediate referral to a cardiologist next week. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and the top of it, and from the blocked arteries leading into it!

Can you beat that for the most efficient service possible to any human being on this planet? Impossible! Thank goodness for the British NHS Service.

Our forefathers campaigned long and hard for this service. Long may the NHS continue in spite of those wanting to destroy it.

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit to our Emergency department. I will be sure to share these with the team, which I'm sure they'll be delighted to read.

Your comments will also be reassuring to other patients accessing the services in our Emergency department.

Best wishes

Paul Jebb

Assistant Director of Nursing (Patient Experience)

• GillyP thinks this response is helpful