"Dad's Stroke"

About: East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust / Emergency ambulance Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Accident and emergency

In early May 2014 my father suffered a stroke luckily we were on hand within seconds to call an ambulance.

The ambulance staff and paramedic were fantastic, calling the hospital on the way to see if they could have specialist stroke doctors ready for his arrival. We were at the hospital within thirty minutes being seen by three different specialists who were so prompt in their decision as to how to treat dad.

The result being he made a quick remarkable recovery thanks to these wonderful staff and was allowed home within 24 hours. I cannot praise enough the staff on all levels in A and E and Hayden ward for their exemplary care of my father who is recovering well at home thanks to their prompt and thorough care.

Response from Nicola Hallows, East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about the East of England Ambulance Service.

I would like to pass your kind comments on to the staff involved and would be grateful if you could email eoeanst.feedback@nhs.net with the location we attended to so that we can track the staff involved.

I am pleased to hear that you father in making a good receovery.

• Kalo thinks this response is helpful

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are very pleased to hear your father was well cared for and that he was able to return home quickly. We will share this feedback with the A&E team and Heydon ward. I hope your father continues to recover well.

• Kalo thinks this response is helpful

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Thank you for telling us about your father's care at our hospital. We are pleased to know that he is recovering well and received exemplary care from the stroke service.