"Superb A&E care"

About: Southend Hospital / Accident and emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

My 8 month old baby had a pulled elbow (dislocation) so I took him to my local A&E.

We were booked in by a very helpful, friendly and polite receptionist. My son was seen by a triage DR within about 10 minutes of our arrival, where his pulled elbow was diagnosed and successfully treated.

We were sent on our way within 20 minutes of arriving in A&E with one happy baby and mother!

Response from Steve McEwen, Patient Experience Lead, Patient Liaison, Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am really pleased to hear that we were able to see and treat your son so quickly and efficiently. This is the sort of experience that we want all of our patients to have and we aim that the continued improvements we make in the A&E continue to deliver these.

I will pass your comments to the A&E team who will be please to receive them and I hope your son has made a good recovery.

Response from Southend Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your visit to A&E with your Son. I am pleased to hear this experience was so positive and you were dealt with in such quick time. It is great to hear such positive feedback and I ensure you I will send this onto staff and the department for them to view. Wishing you well for the future. Regards, Louise McIver Patient Involvement Lead