"District Nursing NNE"

About: Nottingham North & East / Community adult services

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

To all the District Nurses who took care of my husband when he was ill.

I cannot thank you enough for your care, you were always there night and day with a cheery smile and a solution to make him as comfortable as possible in his last weeks.

I know I could not have kept him at home till the end without your help, which gives me great comfort at this time.

I always thought that the District Nurses did bandages / wounds etc but you do so much more with words of encouragement, kindness and a lot more knowledge then I ever thought and at a very difficult time in life.

I know that he appreciated your care too.

Take Care

Thank you once again, best wishes.

Response from Lexie Whittington, Locality Clinical Lead, Community, Nottingham North & East, Health Partnership, Nottinghamshire Healthcare Trust

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. It is so good to hear that you feel able to share these postive comments with us, and that you were able to nurse your husband at home where you both wanted him to be. I am really happy we were able to provide you with this service and that you felt reassured and confident with our knowledge, skills and experience to support you both through this difficult time. Thank you again and please feel free to contact your Community Nursing Team if you require any further help or support.