"Rheumatology dept is excellent"

About: Chapel Allerton Hospital

I attend rheumatology regularly and always found the majority of the staff friendly, caring and companionate. However, the reception staff on the whole are badly in need of retraining.. Unhelpful, rude, uncaring. There are some admin staff who are lovely but only one or two. The appointment system badly needs an overhaul as well. When a patient needs seeing in 4 weeks, 8 weeks is unacceptable. And don't even talk about a 4 month appointment!! I had to wait nearly a year for a follow up! Back to the good points though. A special mention to my consultant, yes I have had to see other drs but she was around when needed. Also saw me with no notes when admin staff 'Lost' my appointment after 6 cancellations on their side. Another shout out to the nursing assistant who is the most cheerful, comforting person there. She needs a medal. Physio and podiatry also are excellent and the hydrotherapy pool is clean and the staff are amazing.

Response from Chapel Allerton Hospital

Thank you for posting your comment. We are very sorry to hear that your experience of the Rheumatology Department at Chapel Allerton Hospital has not always been positive and we will pass your comments on to the department. If you would like to discuss the issues in person and confidentially please contact the Trust's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk.