"The physio listened to me and tailored treatment..."

About: Leatherhead Hospital

I visited the Physiotherapy dept at Leatherhead hospital because I was having pains in my knee, this was impacting on my daily life, affecting my ability to exercise and I was worried there may be long term damage. The physio was friendly, calm and reassuring. She asked lots of questions, was gentle when she needed to manipulate the leg/knee and helped me understand the mechanics of my knee using a handy model. We then worked together to find exercises that would fit my range of movement - and was the real difference with some old school NHS treatments I have had in the past - I really felt she worked to find what would suit me and even gave me a print out of the exercises so I could continue at home. I left the appointment feeling positive, my apprehension gone and I am now trying to incorporate the exercises into my day to day routine to keep my knees happy and healthy. Thank you and thank you CSH Surrey for this fresh approach.

Response from Leatherhead Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will pass this on to the Physiotherapy team at Leatherhead Hospital who will be delighted to read your comments. We hope your exercises strengthen the knee and that you don't have any more problems. It is great to hear about your individual care, keep going with the exercises and thanks again for your comments. Regards Tessa Webb Community and Patient Involvement Co-ordinator.