About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Over the last year we have had to make several visits to you in a variety of departments.Each visit and each department treated us well kept us informed of everything i have no concerns at all about the care we received. My biggest bug bear is the no smoking in the grounds is never adhered to we sat out there many times only to have to move because of smoking even though it states no smoking!! Please tell me why this is left to carry on its unsightly with all the cigarette ends crushed n the floor and not healthy at all for non smokers.

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Jacquie

I am sorry to hear about your problems with people smoking in the grounds of the hospital. As I am sure you can appreciate this is very difficult for the estates staff to monitor but I will share your feedback with the team to see if there is anything further they can do regarding this but also to ensure that any cigarette ends are not left on the floors.

Should you have any concerns or comments in future regarding the hospital, good or bad, then you can also contact our Patient Experience Team by e-mail on PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk or telephone 0800 917 6039.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your feedback. Please be assured that the hospital operates a no smoking policy which all staff adhere to. Whilst it may not have been apparent to you, all staff are reminded to encourage patient's and visitors not to smoke if they see them publically doing so. There are also designated smoking areas available to the public. If you would like to discuss your concerns further then please do not hesitate to contact our Patient, Advice and Liaison Service at PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk or via telephone at 0800 971 6039