"first time visit to out-patients"

About: Southmead Hospital

No vacant disabled spaces outside main entrance, so directed to multi storey car park only to be told lifts were not working, which is not great when you are pushing a wheelchair!. Luckily attendant found space on ground floor, don't know how I would have managed otherwise. Once inside Brunel Building I found it mostly very good, clean, airy and informative. I did find the doors difficult to manage with a wheelchair as they did not open/close automatically and were quite heavy. Also the queue at lunchtime at the League of Friends Cafe was very long and not a great deal of choice, by the time I was served, had to rush to get to my appointment. So in my opinion there are a few things still to be ironed out.

Response from Southmead Hospital

Dear Lin, Thank you for your feedback following your attendance to the new hospital Brunel building. We are very sorry that you experienced some problems. We would wish to assure you that the problems with the lifts within the multi storey car park is being resolved, and we apologise for the worry that this must have caused you at the time. We are pleased to know that the car parking attending found you an appropriate car parking space. The problems with the doors is a problem that has been recognised, and we are currently looking at how this can be resolved. The League of Friends Cafe was at the time you attended the only facility we had open for refreshments, but this has now changed, as we have other retail outlets to provide refreshments for visitors. We would hope should you have to attend another appointment at the hospital, that the problems you experienced will have been resolved.