"Worst service"

About: Homerton University Hospital

I went to the Homerton Hospital walk-in clinic last night as I had an ear infection - something that I have often. The nurse did not listen to me when I said I was there because I have an ear infection. She made me give a urine sample and did not respond when I questioned if this was necessary for as I only had an ear ache. After waiting an hour to see the nurse again, she asked irrelevant questions and seemed surprised when I once again said I was here because I had an ear ache. She was unprepared to examine for an ear infection. I left the hospital, after waiting almost 2 hours to be seen, completely unsatisfied and with only the suggestion to take paracetamol for the pain. This is the last time I will use a walk-in service and I have made an appointment with my GP at home.

Response from Homerton University Hospital

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at the walk-in clinic at Homerton Hospital. We would like to understand more about what happened on this occasion so that we can give you a full explanation and aim to resolve the issues you have raised concerning your care. I hope you will contact PALS 020 8510 7315 or PALS.Service@homerton.nhs.uk so that we can investigate further and give you an opportunity to discuss your concerns.