"two sides of the coin"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I brought my Mother to A/E on 2.6.2014 and she was diagnosed with a TIA - it was a very, very busy day and despite the delays that must have taxed the staff to their limits my Mother was treated extremely well; thanks not only to ambulance/nursing and medical staff but the unsung heroes - the porters who also make a difference too the way a patient feels. Bad news- I had to park "illegally" just to get Mother into A/E and registered but then had to drive home and get a taxi back to the hospital because there was no where to park . I am 66 and currently suffering from ankle sprain and it drove me to tears to find this part so difficult.

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Felicity

I am pleased to hear that you and your mother had such a positive experience at the hospital, but disappointed to hear about the problems parking. Your comments will be shared with the A&E staff involved who will be pleased to have such positive feedback. But I will also pass this to the team who manage the car parks so that they can look into this to try to avoid another visitor or patient having this problem.

Should you have any concerns or comments in future about the hospital, good or bad, then you can also contact us directly through our Patient Experience Team by e-mail on PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk or telephone 0800 917 6039.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your comments. I am pleased to note how pleasant the staff in the Emergency Department made this experience for both you and your mother. If you would like to discuss your concerns regarding car parking further then please contact our dedicated Patient Advice and Liaison Service at PHT.PatExp@porthosp.nhs.uk or via telephone at 0800 9716039 as they would be more than happy to assist you.