"Gaining confidence from the Locala heart failure team"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Heart failure team

I was told by Dr Boulton I was in the last stages of heart failure. I was very weak and breathless, a very poorly woman. Unfortunately there was no bed available at Huddersfield RI so at 11. 45pm I was transferred to Calderdale Hospital.

The heart specialist at Calderdale consulted my heart specialist Dr Stevenson at Huddersfield & they decided to change some of my tablets & I was on a large dose of Frusimide 20mg twice a day.

I was discharged from hospital 13 Jan 2014 & I came back to my home with Carers helping me. I lost a lot of weight & went down from 7st 3lbs to 6 st and I felt weak. Drs at Netherton surgery visited me, most visits were by Dr Bedam & I was given a heart specialist nurse Anne Wroe & they help me slowly recover. My Frusimide was reduced.

Anne Wroe gave me confidence and consulted with my Dr. She has been so helpful given me confidence & was a power of strength to me.

I am no longer breathless & I feel stronger, I am gaining a little weight. I am limited to what I can do which I accept because of Aortic Stenosis I need carers to help me which we employ.

Many thanks to all concerned.

Response from Nigel Grimshaw, Customer Engagement Manager, Intergrated Adults, Locala Community Partnerships

Plaid 2931,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, it is much appreciated. I am very pleased to hear that everyone involved was able to help and support you through this time. In particular, I will pass on your kind comments to my colleague, Anne.