"having a very difficult operation ..."

About: Worthing Hospital

What I liked having a very difficult operation done well and the consultant himself after the op rather than a nurse telling me about it and what I had to do. The comfort the nurses gave me during the op. Being given a supply of paracetamol rather than having to get it myself. What could be improved? I was told to be at the hospital at 7.30 am and wasn't seen for over an hour (this was not a great problem but for similar surgery done in Nov 08 I wasn't dealt with until about 2.30 pm which was rather). On the last visit I was given a theatre robe which had lost its straps which was a bit awkward. There is an unpleasant delay waiting in ones gown in the theatre ante-room both going in and after the op. No one tells you how long you will have to wait and in Nov it would have been , or seem to have been at least 45 mins, nobody saying anything in that time, while nurses and other staff are busily walking to and fro and you wonder "Why the heck can't they push me back to ward to get dressed etc!" Anything else? The dedication of all staff in providing healing to its patients is very clear and highly valued by residents of Worthing and District and I would like them to know that they are very much apprciated.

Response from Worthing Hospital

Worthing and Southlands Hospitals NHS Trust replies: Thank you Frank for providing comments about our services. We aim to provide high quality services for all of our patients, and we are pleased to hear that your experience mainly matched up to our aspirations. Your comment on gowns and the waiting time in the theatre ante-room will be passed onto theatres directly so that we can improve our services in future.