"How do get an appointment sooner?"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital / Gastroenterology Royal Preston Hospital / Gastroenterology

I have been given new appt for October 2014, my previous appt cancelled was for July 2014. I had tried to contact my doctor's secretary by leaving messages and by email but no response. I have left messages for the specialist nurse team. I have been diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in January 14. I need to speak to someone/see someone to discuss my new situation. No one seems to want to help me. I feel that this totally inexcusable from professional servants of the NHS. Please can you help me!

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Can I suggest that you contact the PALS team on 01772 522972 to see what can be done to try to resolve your concerns.

Update posted by cayococo (the patient)

Since my story, I have emailed secretary to Consultant. I have had a phone call from the Consultant my issues are resolved and I shall look forward to my appointment in October.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Given the dates detailed in your email, we are not sure whether or not you are still experiencing problems in obtaining a response. If so, can I ask you to please contact our PALS team on 01772 522972, who will be pleased to try to help.