"My brother's excellent care at Dr Grays hospital"

About: Dr Gray's Hospital / Emergency Medicine

MY brother who has mild learning difficulties was on holiday in inverness when he suffered a minor head injury and was taken to the A&E dept in elgin.

They went above and beyond in their care for him, they kept me well informed of his progress and treatment( I was in glasgow), made sure he had something to eat, phoned his hotel to let them know he would be back later than planned for dinner and when his treatment was complete, an off duty nurse took him down to the bus stop.

they demonstrated thoughtful and compassionate care for a vulnerable adult, going beyond the essential medical care and demonstrated concerns about his general wellbeing and his safety. this level of care makes me very proud and grateful to have a NHS like this.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear hkm

NHS Grampian is very pleased to recieve this positive feedback which we will share with the staff concerned. We are very grateful to you for taking the time to share your experience and the story of your brother's care. We hope he has made a full recovery from his bump and that it didn't spoil his holiday!

Warmest wishes to you both.

• hkm thinks this response is helpful