"Redwood 1 - physical health on a mental health ward"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

Missed injection for a week felt let down.

Difficult to get physical health problems addressed [it's] all about mental health.

Response from Steven Daykin, Ward Manager , Redwood 1, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust We have made a change

Firstly I must offer my apologies that there was some delay in your medication being administered, I have looked into this having to go back to February of this year, but I see that it was a documentation communication error on the wards part. Please accept my apologies and be aware that at the time the ward staff were spoken to and this issue was brought to the attention of the whole team.

Regarding your issue relating to your phyical healthcare not being addressed I would ask in what way do you feel it wasn't? We offer a comprehensive Health improvement profile on admission and during peoples stay on the unit this would be revisited in 1:1's and reviews. We have recently in April developed as a trust new care plans which are specifically related to capturing any physical healthcare need for each person on the ward. This is done in conjunction with each person. This would hopefully also capture any physical healthcare issues raised and how they would be addressed and supported. If you wish to discuss this further with me or any of your issues please contact me on 0115 9529410 to discuss or arrange an appointment in person.