About: Warwick Hospital

My mother visited the Machin Eye unit for a pre-op appointment last Wednesday and a consent appt today, the last part of which seemed to be a repeat of the pre-op appointment. Was the appointment last Wednesday really necessary? There seems to be quite a bit of duplication in effort in the unit (e.g. sight tests every visit, although my mother's problem is with an eyelid, not sight related), though i appreciate that this may be for reasons unknown to patients. However, everyone was polite and friendly and everything was explained thoroughly. So no complaints, just queries.

Response from Warwick Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share these comments, I have passed on your kind words to the team. In regards to your query about the duplication at procedures, every time a patient visits the Eye Unit we check their vision, this is done so that we an accurate record. We can then deal with any reduction of vision sooner rather than later. Patients with problems to do with their eye lid still need to have the eye examined so that we do not miss any ocular problems. I hope this answers any questions you had.