"sprain or break"

About: Torbay Hospital

Whilst I couldn't complain about the time that it took for me to be seen the message that I received seemed to be a bit mixed. I went in with a badly swollen ankle and having fractured it before knew that there was a problem with it. After an initial assessment I was sent to x-ray. There were 2 or three other people there with similar injuries and all of these people were offered crutches to help them walk down to the x-ray department, I was offered no such support. After having an x-ray I was told that there was a small part of bone flaked off but it wasn't too serious and to treat it as a sprain. And that was it.1 I don't know how much time I should take off work, do I need to see my GP to organise after care?What would be the best combination of painkiller or anti inflammatory to take to help with the swelling and pain. Feel as though because I was on holiday and not from the area the doctors did the bare minimum.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am sorry your experience was so poor. It is always good to receive feedback; we try to ensure we share examples of good practice and also that we learn from any negative experiences. Your feedback will be shared with the Department. Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.