"A&E visit with 9 year old."

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) / Accident and emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

In May my 9 year old daughter was referred to A&E by our GP. The waiting area was busy but we were seen quickly by the Triage nurse, x-ray department and the Dr. All the staff were friendly and efficient and built up a good rapport with my daughter. She was very nervous about having a local anaesthetic in her leg but they were very patient with her whilst attempting different procedures over a few hours. I would like to say thank you very much to all concerned.

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Pixie1

Thank you for sharing your story and for the lovely comments. It is always so rewarding to hear that our staff at the RD&E are continuing to provide excellent care to patients and their families need it most.

Tracy

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Emergency Department at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital when you attended with your daughter. I am delighted to hear that you are so happy with the care and treatment your daughter received. I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback. Kind comments such as yours are always gratefully received. I do hope that your daughter has made a good recovery.