"wonderful care provided by Crosshouse"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Physiotherapy Crosshouse Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

It had already been established via Xrays, and by the Surgeon that it was likely that I needed a total shoulder replacement. I had an intensive pre-operative assessment which took place in the same hospital area and on the same day. Each specialist had their own input without me having to move departments. I have restricted mobility so this helped tremendously.

One nurse took, my temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure. Another carried out an electrocardiograph (E. C. G. ) A specialist nurse checked the laboratory reports and that my urinalysis was clear of organisms like E Coli. The Physiotherapist checked and measured my capacity for various movements. The Pharmacist checked my medication, then I met the Surgeon so that could raise any questions and get reassurance.

Dear Mandyg,

That is an excellent example of coordination and team work resulting in truly person centred care which is great to hear. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I will be very pleased to pass this to the managers and the teams involved.

You don’t say if you have had your operation yet or not. If you have, I do hope you are recovering well. If not, I wish you all the best for the operation and for a speedy recovery.

Kind regards,

Eunice

• Mandyg thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Mandyg (the patient)

The total replacement of shoulder joint took place earlier this year. It was a great success and the same hospital ensured that I had care at home for six weeks. A Physiotherapist also came to my house so that I did not over nor under exercise.

That is excellent Mandyg, I am glad to hear it. I am currently suffering from a sore shoulder which is very minor compared to what you experienced but I can so sympathise, it is so restrictive. I am glad that is all behind you now.

Kind regards,