"Refused treatment"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Crisis resolution

I went to A&E in Lincoln where the hips/crisis team are based. I asked the doctor to see them as that is what I got told to do. The doctor when I saw him told me he would not get them to see me unless I needed admitting onto the acute psychiatric ward. The doctor was not as far I am aware trained in mental health sent me away, refusing me the crisis team. I left the hospital having to ring the crisis team. They had to come out and get me and then admitted me to the ward. Am trying to say the doctors and nurses I met could have tipped me over the edge by refusing me the help I needed. In my opinion the way some A&E staff treat mental health patients most definitely needs to be looked into. I intend to make a formal complaint against the hospital.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous Star

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in the A&E Department. I would be grateful for the opportunity to feed back to the doctor who saw you and I wonder if you would be prepared to let us know your name so that we can work out who it was? Please can I ask that you contact Sharon Kidd, Patient Experience Manager - sharon.kidd@ulh.nhs.uk or 01476 464560 and she will be able to gather more information to pass over to me.

Mr Ben Loryman