"Positive experience at Raigmore"

About: Raigmore Hospital / Urology

Recently I was admitted to Raigmore Hospital Inverness with a suspected kidney stone. Being in much pain, I was initially diagnosed at my local health centre, Nairn Healthcare Group, by the excellent Dr McDougall and the local hospital A&E staff.

I spent 4 days in Ward 7 of Raigmore hospital and I have nothing but praise for all of the staff there who tended to my need. The pleasant, competent and experienced auxiliary staff, the excellent nursing staff, health professionals, junior doctors, student doctors and the senior consultant who treated and looked after me - I say it again, I have nothing but the highest praise for you all.

In fact, although the experience was somewhat traumatic for me, I can honestly say that, perversely, I enjoyed my stay amongst those caring people and the friendly fellow patients I met. The NHS in Scotland is without doubt, well founded and served by excellent staff.

Thank you NHS Scotland. I am singing your praises to all and sundry.

Response from Linda Kirkland, Interim Director of Operations, Raigmore Hospital, NHS Highland

Dear Achmony

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback and I am delighted you had such a positive experience and hope that since your visit to us you have made a full recovery.

We are very proud of our team and feel they do a fantastic job, nice to know that it is appreciated!

I will pass on your comments to the team who will be thrilled I am sure

• achmony thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by achmony (the patient)

Hi Linda

Yes! I would be grateful if you could pass on my comments to the fantastic team in urology at Raigmore hospital. I hope they will get some satisfaction on hearing of my 'positive experience'. Feeling much better now.