"Blocked Catheter"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

I arrived at A&E At Eastbourne Hospital at 9am on Sunday 11 May 2014. I was seen within half an hour by a doctor who scanned my Bladder and then removed the blocked catheter and cleaned me up and inserted a new one. I was taken to the urology ward where I was treated excellently. Made to feel comfortable in my bed. Nothing was too much trouble,the staff were very friendly and very professional. The doctors were very discreet in their assessment of my problem. I was only in for 24 hours and can't rate my whole stay high enough. Hopefully I can go to Eastbourne instead of the Conquest ! Well Done Eastbourne !

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

Thank you very much for expressing your appreciation of the standard of care you received from the Urology Department and A&E department at Eastbourne DGH. It’s always encouraging for staff to receive positive feedback. As a Trust we are committed to giving the highest quality of care to our patients, and we value all comments from patients and their families. It was extremely kind of you to take the time to provide feedback. I will ensure that your comments are shared with all the staff concerned.