"Despite my ups and downs they didn't give up on me"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

I went psychotic following a trauma which is very personal. I lost my job and was sectioned in hospital for best part of a year.

I was treated by a43 and redwood 2 as an inpatient. I was a very difficult patient and my psychosis and fear lasted months. I also battled with a previous issue which was anorexia because of weight gain on my medication.

I took 7 overdoses and ran away from staff. I self harmed twice and made family dynamics very stressful. I was signed up to distress tolerance and am awaiting discharge to a new home under the care of a CMHT.

The staff were so compassionate and patient with me and I owe a lot to them. Despite my ups and downs they didn't give up on me. Neither did my family.

One huge thank you. You are all special to me and I will be always grateful. Thanks.

Response from Alison Harrison, Acting Service Manager AMH City, Redwood 2, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Thank You for your comments, it sounds as though you are on the road to recovery which is really positive for you and for the team that have helped & supported you to get to where you are.

We try hard as a team to provide a safe enviroment and inspire hope to all patients in our care.I will forward your comments to the wider team.

Response from Suzanne Foulk, Live Implementation and Carer Strategy Lead for Local Services, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I have met you a few times around the hospital and when you have taken part in Highbury Live! activities. It is lovely to hear such positive comments about your care here at Highbury Hospital.

Great to hear how Alison and her team have helped and you too have done so well for yourself and it is heartwarming to hear.