About: Tavistock Hospital / Physiotherapy

I was referred to the physio by my GP, he said I could choose between going to Tavistock or Derriford. I chose Tavistock because it is closer and more convenient for me. It took almost 5 weeks to hear from them, but when I did I quickly got an appointment. I was seen today by a lovely, attentive physiotherapist who was knowledgeable, approachable and very thorough. I feel very confident that I am on the right road to getting my pain sorted out. I could not fault the physiotherapist that I met at Tavistock Hospital.

Response from April Gradwell, Feedback, Engagement & Care Governance Manager, Professional Practice, Torbay and Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We always aims to provide an effective, compassionate and professional service to our patients and services users. I am very glad to hear that this was your experience of our Physiotherapy Outpatient Service at Tavistock Hospital.

Feedback is very important to us and we use it to identify areas of good practice that can be shared as well as improvements to services that we can make.

Response from Tavistock Hospital

Dear Enquirer, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent appointment at Tavistock Hospital, I am sorry to hear about the delays you initially experienced. I am pleased to learn your experience when attending your appointment was such a positive one and you found the Physiotherapist to be attentive, knowledgeable, approachable and thorough in their assessment. These are the standards the Trust endeavours to achieve and I will ensure this is shared with all the staff involved. If you would like to discuss your feedback further, please contact me on the details provided below. Yours Sincerely Steve Clark Feedback and Engagement Officer Torbay & Southern Devon Health and Care NHS Trust Bayhouse | Nicholson Road | Torquay | TQ2 7TD 01803 210491 steve.clark2@nhs.net